- Prime Minister Narendra Modi met Myanmar’s State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi in Nay Pyi Taw on Wednesday.
- The two sides touched upon several issues, including the unrest in Rakhine state.
- PM Modi announces gratis (free of charge) visas for Myanmar and promised to release 40 Myanmarese citizens, lodged in Indian jails. “India’s democratic experience is relevant to Myanmar.
- As neighbours, our interests are similar in the area of security.
- It’s necessary for us to work together towards the security of our land and maritime border,” he said.
Join Telegram Channel @DailyGkZone