- NEW DELHI: A mobile application will be launched tomorrow for central government employees who are about to retire to help them monitor the progress of their pension settlement cases.
- Retired employees will also be able to assess their superannuation funds and record complaints, if any, through the pension calculator, an official release issued by the Personnel, Public grievances and Pensions Ministry today said.
About Mobile App
- The ministry already has a pensioners’ portal for this purpose.
- The mobile app will be extending to the mobile handset all services meant for the pensioner which are currently available on the portal of the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare, it said.
- With this application, a superannuating central government official will be able to monitor the progress of his or her pension settlement and retired officials will be able to assess or check details of their pension amounts through the pension calculator as well register grievances and get updates on orders issued by the department, it said.
- The app will be launched by by Minister of State for Personnel, Public grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh.
- He will also award pensioners for outstanding contributions towards ‘Anubhav‘ – a platform for retiring employees for sharing their experiences on working with the government.
- To help government pensioners, a workshop on pre- retirement counselling of 300 central government employees who are on the verge of retirement is also scheduled to be held.
- The objective of this workshop is to create awareness about post-retirement entitlements as well as to help them plan for life after retirement, the release said.