– National Teachers’ Day: 5th September
– * Vice President Venkaiah Naidu today conferred 319 National Award to Teachers on the occasion of Teacher’s Day in a function at New Delhi.
– ‘Prakriti Khoj’: The Union Environment Ministry launched an environmental awareness initiative on the occasion of Teachers’ Day. Under the initiative, an online environmental quiz competition named Prakriti Khoj will be conducted at the national level.
– Astronaut Peggy Whitson returned to Earth. Finishing a 288-day mission that put her over the top as the American who has spent the most cumulative amount of time in space.
– President Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone of the second phase of link IV pipeline canal of Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojana in Rajkot, Gujarat.
– Union Health Ministry Launched Two New Contraceptives Antara and Chhaya
– The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has added HDFC Bank, the second largest private sector lender of country in list of Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs). HDFC Bank is third bank in country to be added in list of D-SIBs after State Bank of India (SBI) and ICICI Bank which were added in 2016 and continue to be in that category.
– * UNESCO Announced Winners of Literacy Prizes
– * Sankara Narayanan Takes Charge as MD & CEO of Vijaya Bank
– * KV Rama Moorthy has assumed charge as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Tamilnad Mercantile Bank.
– * Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore Appointed as New Sports Minister
– * Amritpal Singh, First Indian to be Signed by Australian Basketball Team
– Konsam Ormila Devi Wins Gold at Commonwealth Youth Weightlifting Championship
– DBS Bank India, part of Singapore-based financial services group DBS Group Holdings, has received in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to convert its existing India franchise to a locally incorporated wholly-owned subsidiary (WOS) in India.
– Government forms task force for speedy implementation Namami Gange.
– Surya Kiran: Indo-Nepal joint Military exercise.
– Disability pension for defence forces at par with civilians: Government.
( * Symbol Shows V – IMP News )