– Indian Railways to launch 100 New Suburban Rail Services in Mumbai area
– The Diamond Jubilee of Directorate General of Quality Assurance (DGQA) was observed on 28 September 2017 as it completed 60 years of its existence.
– The Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) launched monthly Jan Sampark program to enable public to interact with its officials to obtain information related to child adoption.
– ADB to increase Annual Lending to India to $4 billion
– The 13th Formation Day of National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) was celebrated across the country.
– Cabinet approves installation of telecom towers in cantonments, military areas
– 28 September: World Rabies Day
– The World Maritime Day is celebrated across the world on 28 September. The theme for 2017 World Maritime Day is ‘Connecting Ships, Ports and People’.
– IBBI Registered National E-Governance Services Ltd as Information Utility
– India’s largest private sector lender, ICICI Bank announced a new home loan scheme that offers borrowers the benefit of 1% cashback on every EMI, for the entire tenure of the loan.
– India will host the South Asian Boxing Championship for the first time in Guwahati from December 6 to 10.