– The Government of India signed a loan deal worth $76 million with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for a project to upgrade the environment management plan at Alang-Sosiya ship recycling yards.
– To celebrate the 67th birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Bharatiya Janata Party is observing ‘Seva Diwas (Day of Service)’ today across the country.
– Nepal today began its first-ever survey to remeasure Mount Everest to check if the world’s tallest peak’s height was altered by the 7.8-magnitude earthquake that struck the country in 2015.
– The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), has taken Snow Leopard off the “endangered” list, where it was included in 1972.
– PV Sindhu wins Korea Open title; PM congratulates her on victory
– UN urges Myanmar’s Suu Kyi to immediately halt military operation against Rohingya Muslims
Join ☞ @DailyGKZone